Remember that you are working in a kitchen, please follow these health codes when you are volunteering in the kitchen at Manna Soup Kitchen.
1. If you are not feeling well, stay home. We do not want to spread illness through our team or the food that we serve.
2. Wash your hands before starting work in the kitchen. Wash your hands after leaving your station/work area, when changing tasks, after touching your hair, face or body, after going to the restroom, taking a break or eating, sneezing/coughing, using cell phone, etc.
3. Remember to remove your apron before going to the restroom. Change your apron as needed to prevent contamination of food.
4. Do not eat or drink when you are preparing, serving or packaging food.
5. Health Codes & Serve safe rules dictate proper attire when working with food. No heels or open-toed shoes are allowed in the kitchen. Wear comfortable, slip-resistant shoes when working in the kitchen. Tank tops, sleeveless shirts, and short shorts are not allowed either.
6. Wear your hair tied back or in a hair net when you are in the kitchen.
5. If you have any questions about food safety and contamination prevention, please ask the kitchen staff or call us (970)385-5095.
We appreciate all you do!