Get Involved and Help Us Reach Our Goals
Historically, Manna has been known for providing healthy meals in a safe and respectful environment for those in need. While this continues to be the backbone of our organization, the overall goal of Manna is to help people achieve greater self-sufficiency. By assisting people in learning new skills and securing gainful employment, we are addressing a root cause of poverty, hunger, crime, hardship and homelessness. Help us be part of the solution by getting involved today.
Become a Partner or Sponsor
Community collaboration opens the door to many opportunities and allows Manna to expand its outreach. We’re always looking for ways to better the lives of the people we serve and help those who are chronically unemployed or underemployed. An ongoing goal of Manna is to strengthen our relationship with the greater community. Together, we can foster a strong foundation for shared prosperity and enhance the overall health of our community. Let’s connect and make a difference today.
Become a Volunteer
When people give of their time and talents, it reinforces Manna’s efforts and positively influences the vitality of our region. Opportunities for volunteering are available seven days a week and include cooking, serving food, cleaning, food pick-ups, working in the garden and more. Maybe you even provide a professional service our clients need. Contact Seanan Culloty at (970) 385-5095, ext. 5 or email email@example.com to learn more.
Manna continues to maintain strong community-wide support and is recognized for its longevity of services and fiscal astuteness. Community backing is required to fund and run all of Manna’s programs and services. When you make a monetary donation, it helps leverage purchases of large quantities of food at deeply discounted prices through Care & Share Food Bank and US Foods. Manna currently funds operations through a combination of City & County grants, fundraisers, program revenue, and donations from individuals, churches, civic organizations, and businesses. Click here to make a donation now.
Did you know…
- In 2018:
- Manna served nearly 60,000 meals
- Volunteers donated over 8,000 hours
- Over 150,000 lbs of food donations were received
- Manna offers a take-home food program for Durango School District 9-R & Southern Ute Boys and Girls Club children in need
- Manna’s on-site garden provides food for its kitchen and culinary program
- Manna offers a free and fresh produce stand during growing season
- Manna’s culinary program is the only one of its kind in the region; anyone is eligible to enroll
- Manna can bake fresh cookies for your business or event
- Manna’s chefs take on catering jobs
- Manna receives no funding from the federal government
- We firmly believe that high quality services do not lead to greater homelessness, but rather to greater self-sufficiency